Abiding by the pre-operative instructions is important for your safety and should be followed carefully. Failure to comply could consequently result in the delay, or even cancellation, of the surgery. If you have any questions or are confused about the instructions, please call us.
If there have been any changes to your medical history (recent surgery, medication change, etc.), please inform the receptionist before the scheduled surgery appointment. In your own interest, you should cancel your appointment if you develop a cold, flu, or any other illness. You must cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
Oral Sedation Patients:
2. Make sure you take your pre-operative medications as directed and at the appropriate time.
3. Arrive to the office early, if possible.
4. Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing. Make sure sleeves, which can be rolled up the arm, past the elbow for blood pressure monitoring.
5. Discontinue all herbal supplements, and aspirin or ibuprofen pain relievers one week prior to surgery (useless physician prescribed).
6. Please refrain from smoking prior to your surgery.
7. Payment is expected on the day of surgery unless other previous financial
arrangements have been made.